Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back at it!

Hello again!  Although I have not posted here for a almost a year, I have been active in art.  My most recent activity is to start a collage group with some other people in the Vancouver/Portland area.  Since I have had the most experience with collage, I suggested the first couple projects. 

The first one was to use the technique by Jane Davies called scribble painting.  Our group worked on one of these in class.  At the end of the class, Sharon and I decided to exchange our pieces, work on each other's and bring them back to class tomorrow.  Here is Sharon's before and after I worked on it.  I sewed on it and added organza in places on the surface and covered a back frame with organza and sewed it to the picture.  In the photo below, the organza looks more gray than it really is; it is more the same green as in Sharon's original.  This was a fun project to work on; to try to keep the style and feel of Sharon's work with my embellishment.  Tomorrow I will see what Sharon added to my original -what fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment