Friday, January 21, 2011


After 5 months of not creating art, I have plunged back in (and I am expecting you to too :). I started with no plan, just started putting paint on an already rejected collage project. I block printed on the two ends, then turned it upside down. I painted the middle with phtalo turquoise and it looked like a tree, so I put in a trunk. I wanted more color and texture, so I added gestures with my watercolor crayons. Then I put it in Illustrator and added the title and the "apple." I didn't intend to create another tree, but I guess I seem to be into trees. And since I am reading through the Bible in 90 days, this tree came to my mind. It is sort of like a tree with every color in it - very desirable. God is the sun rays in the background, present and providing the things needed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karol it is perfect! I have no understanding of the technical process of how this picture was produced, but it so captures the process for me of God working from within us to come to a new creation, a new realization of understanding of faith and life. Thanks for letting me in on your blog.

    ReplyDelete