Monday, March 2, 2009

Walking to the Train, Pasadena



The walk: We had been to breakfast and were walking from the cafe to the Metro station to head downtown LA. It was a beautiful morning with the sun bright and casting strong shadows.
. . . .
The painting: transparent watercolor
After I laid in the beginning colors, I knew I needed to changes Zane's jacket color. I put the picture in Photoshop and experimented with colors. I ended up with this green. Kristin was wearing a black leather jacket and I had a lot of work to do on it.




Experimenting with color in Photoshop.

. . . . .


Beginning layers of paint. A long way to go.
"Be aware of the seduction of impatience."

1 comment:

  1. Karol - I am fasinated by the stages of the three paintings. Watching them evolve...very cool. Nicely done!.. B

    ReplyDelete